Yummy recipe for sweet cravings by Vanamala Mayr-Reisch
Why not make a healthy treat if you are craving sugar?
Collagen is extremely important for the skin, nails and hair, but it also reduces inflammation and strengthens ligaments, bones, and the gut lining. You can see why I am such an amendment about taking collagen.
Homemade Healthy Gummies are the way to go.
They are full of collagen, you can add probiotics, and you can make them out of real fruits and veggies.
Here is a recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly made fruit and/or vegetable juice
- 4 tbs gelatin.
- 2–4 tbs raw honey. You can also use xylitol (natural substance found in fibrous vegetables and fruit), maple syrup or stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: add probiotics
How to make it:
- Make fresh juice from fruits and/or vegetables.
- Pour the juice into a small-medium saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let it sit for just a few minutes. When all the gelatin is absorbed, mix it well.
- Then place the saucepan over medium heat. Warm up the liquid, but don’t let it boil. Dissolve the gelatin until it turns thin and runny
- Add honey, vanilla extract and other ingredients
- Pour the liquid into fun gummy molds and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove from molds.
- Keep your homemade gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
Let me know how you go.